Tilsons Married Fifty Years

Back to Search View Transcript
Document ID 0612082
Date 07-05-1943
Document Type Family Papers
Archive Private Donor
Citation Tilsons Married Fifty Years;The Cedar Rapids [Gazette?] Iowa. Donated by Michael Merrifield; CMSIED 0612082

     Tilsons Married 50 years

Mr. and Mrs. R. H. Tilson, 111
Tenth street SW, will celebrate
their golden wedding anniversary
Mothers day with a family dinner
at Twin towers and an open
house from 4 to 6 pm. at their
Mrs. Tilson, 70, and her hus-
band, 75, were married May 10,
1898, in Bally Gilbert church in
CraigAde, Ireland. They came to
the United States in 1907, settling
in Brooklyn, N.Y. They moved to
Cedar Rapids in 1918. Mr Tilson,
a retired Quaker Oats Company
employe, is a member of St. Pat-
ricks church.
They have six children: Mrs. A.
E. Brague, Mrs. John Merrifield,
James Tilson, George Tilson and
Mrs. M. Smiley, all of Cedar Rap-
ids, and Bill Tilson, stationed with
the army air forces in Texas; nine
grandchildren and one great-