American Immigrants 1887-1896 John Trousdell National School Teacher of Ennis, second son
of John Trousdell of Kilrush and Honor (Hanna) McMahon of
1. b. 1852 source St Senans Kilrush R.C. register
m. 1879 Bridget McNamara of Corofin Co Clare. Source Corofin
2. Employed various National schools in Ennis area 1866-1898
Principal of National school Dysert 1898, resigned July 1898
Source National Archives Dublin, ref Ed9/12660
3. Emigrated to USA August 1898 - port of arrival New York
Became naturalized citzen of U.S.A. 29 January 1906 -
trade book keeper.
Source Supreme Court of the State of N. York - bundle
no. 294 records no 48
4. d. 20 December 1918 - death certificate no 43042 of the
City of N. York health dept. Buried Calvary R.C. Cemetery
Margaret May Trousdell eldest daughter of the above John Trousdell and
5. b. 27 August 1881 Dromana Co Clare source Ennis register
6. Emigrated to U.S.A. 30 May 1900 from Queenstown (Cobh) on White
Star Line Cymric - source Cymric Manifest of Alien Immigrants
dated 30 May 1890. Arrived port of N. York 4 June 1900. Lived
with father in New York.
7. married in America to Michael Regetz
8. d. 26 December 1935. Death certificate no 11330 of Dept of
Health City of N. York.
Buried Calvary R.C. cemetery in same plot as father.
FAMILY OF MATTHIAS TROUSDELL AND CATHERINE KEANE OF
LISSYCASEY, CO. CLARE.
Five of their children emigrated to America (New York)
1. PATRICK - b.1862 - source R.C. Records KILMIHILL, Co.
Emigrated 1887, Naturalised 1891, }Source - 1920
employed police patrolman }census
Married Winifried [Winifred?] Charles - b.1866, 6th Sept.}Borough of
Emigrated from Ireland 1887 }Brooklyn
Patrick - d.1944, 18th Jan. - source City of N. York death
certificate - no. 515.
Winifried [Winifred?] - d.1937, 18th Aug. - source City of N. York death
certificate - no. 5995.
Two children - parents & children all buried in Calvery R.C.
cemetery New York.
2. WILLIAM - b.1863 - source as in no 1. above
Emigrated 1888 or 1900 - census document not clear
employed Standard Oil Co. New York.
Married Ellen? no children
William d.1941, 18th Nov. - source City of N. York death
certificate no. 22325.
Genealogical details about William are scarce.
3. ELIZABETH - b.1866 - source as in no 1. above.
d. in America - no records found.
4. MARTIN - b.1868 - source as in no 1. above
Emigrated 1889 - naturalised 1894 }Source -
Employment - foreman }1920
Married Ellen Walsh - b.1879 }USA
Emigrated from Ireland 1889 - naturalised 1894 }census
Four children }
Martin d.1949 in New York
5. MICHAEL - b.1873 - source as in no 1. above
Emigrated 1896 - naturalised 1904 }
Employment - fireman }Source -
Married Mary O'Reilly - b.1881 }USA
Emigrated from Ireland 1896 - naturalised 1904 }census
Five children }